Hey guys !
Since today is our last class for this subject, we're just going to post a very short entry about today's lecture. Starting tomorrow, everyone will become so busy with FeSSA and we'll only focus on personal posts from each member.
Netizen = internet +citizen
Citizen in the internet (media social )
4 things you can do as a NETIZEN :
- Change your password
- Be your own privacy guard
- Check your security software
- Be proactive about mobile safety
Netiquette" is network etiquette, the do's and don'ts of online communication. Netiquette covers both common courtesy online and the informal "rules of the road" of cyberspace
Impact of absence of Netiquette :
- Imagine if there were no traffic rules, what would happen ? People would drive as they wish leading to accidents. Similarly if there were no social and governing rules, crime rates would increase. The reason we have rules to govern us is to guide us to become better citizens and safeguard and promote welfare of all people. The same principle applies here where there must be some standard rules to be followed for using the Internet. If there are no standard rules or Netiquettes then people will use the Internet as they wish and this will result in serious problems.
Archiving your social media :
o Multiple versions of a website can be viewed at THE INTERNET ARCHIVE WAYBACK MACHINE
o The Internet Archive has copies of websites dated since 1996
o Facebook content can be exported to xml file (facebookexport.com)
o You can also do archive your facebook on facebook itself (account>settings>download a copy of your facebook data)
o Google’s data archiving page generates information from RSS feed such as blog posts and their comments and the images included.
o The downside is the installation is beginners may find it to be quite confusing to use at first.
The connected student
- More inclined to voice their opinions because they believe that their voices matter
Thats all for today's class. Thank you for reading !
- ZARITH & ZULFIKAR
- ZARITH & ZULFIKAR